FORUMS: list search recent posts

making a video

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Brill
making a video
on Mar 26, 2009 at 5:26:17 am

I am in the process of making a video with a relatively new hunting company. The company started making calls and is now getting into the video industry to promote the calls. A company had agreed to headline the video and pay for all new cameras for us, but recently the economy shut that one down. But we still have contracts to make the video and need to get it done.

Basically I need to get a camera for around or under 800 so that I can have some extra money to get the other things I will need for it (tripod, microphones, camo, rain gear, case for flying, etc...) I really have no idea about the differences in cameras except for what I have been told by the other guys that have been doin this for a while. We will be getting a crash course in the cameras from the guy that was hired to do the editing, but that is about all we will get. Right now all we have are some GL2's. That is all I have been looking at on ebay, but I figure I should see what the best value is and what I should really be lookin for.

I have looked at the GL1 & 2 and the XL1. The only difference I know is the price goes up with each. What do I need? What is the best value? Where is a good place to find a good quality used camera? Are there any other brands/cameras i should be looking at?

Basically if it shoots well in low light and it is quality enough for the editor and its not too bush league for the companies (it will be in some big stores including cabelas so it needs to be quality) any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
Re: making a video
on Mar 28, 2009 at 9:40:28 am

[Bob Brill] "We will be getting a crash course in the cameras from the guy that was hired to do the editing,"

I think that's the way many of us learned about cameras.
If you hired a videographer, maybe he could tell you which editing system you should buy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]