FORUMS: list search recent posts

hf100 or hv20 & Vegas Editing

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Perez
hf100 or hv20 & Vegas Editing
on Mar 21, 2009 at 5:06:25 am

Hi..am currently deciding on the purchase of a HF100 or the HV20.Am currently editing with Vegas Pro 8a and DVD architect 4.5, on a 2.4ghz quad core,2gb ram, 512mb Nvidia video card. Am currently on a pretty tight budget so was looking at the HV20 but really prefer the HF100's flash format. Most of what i shoot is for community organizations and local public tv. I've read so much about achvd editing problems, even with Vegas pro ,that i am tempted to stay with the HV20.Other than upgrading my ram, would my pc setup be enough for avchd, and is Vegas pro 8.0a ok? Also, Sony offers free updates to Vegas 8.0c plus DVDA 5.0. Are these updates worthwhile or even necessary? Just don't have the luxury or time for steep learning curves and more purchases . Would appreciate any thoughts...Thanks

Return to posts index

John Kert
Re: hf100 or hv20 & Vegas Editing
on Mar 26, 2009 at 9:35:10 am

Your computer is fast enough for AVCHD. I have q6600 quadcore and are routinley edit Canon HG10 AVCHD. BUT you need to upgrade to Vegas 8c. 8c was upgraded to process AVCHD on the fly. I edit from 3 cameras (HG10) and 8c will handle 3 tracks on the time line with quad core computer. When finished editing I render it to MPG2 and make the DVD. The images on DVD look great.
JK

Return to posts index

Mel Perez
Re: hf100 or hv20 & Vegas Editing
on Apr 23, 2009 at 5:50:37 am

..thanks John, appreciate the input...sorry for the delayed response, haven't had much time to view the forums lately...Aloha

Hey Terry...guess i am still a little confused.I selected NTSC DV because i didn't see a DV option in the template drop down menu. So should i select the "default template (uncompressed)" to render an exact copy?...Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]