FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon xh-a1 and final cut 6.0.5

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Vander Veer
canon xh-a1 and final cut 6.0.5
on Mar 10, 2009 at 6:58:21 pm

I have seen some posts about bringing xh a1 footage into final cut, but the answers don't completely help me. I am bringing in footage and I just want to be sure that I am using all the correct settings. I shot the footage in hdv 24f. I have final cut pro 6.0.5. This version's only option for capture is HDV. There is no 1080p24 etc. The Hdv option is locked and cannot be edited. There are options as far as the device and sequence presets are concerned. Which device preset should i use? should I edit it? should I use drop or non drop frame. should I use 25, 24, basic? I have the same questions for the sequence. Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Brydie Sheen
Re: canon xh-a1 and final cut 6.0.5
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:10:48 am

going thru the same ordeal myself. someone suggested : HDV1080p24 which in my FCP i do have this option.

but can you tell me this. my canon xha1 doesnt seem to give me the option of filming at 24f.

the only frame rate options i have are 50i or 25f, which i thought are both 25fps? perhaps you could enlighten me?! what is the d ifference and where do i find 24f?

cheers!

What Now?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:47:22 am

Sorry, Brydie... you are not going to find 24f, because it would appear you have a PAL camera, not an NTSC camera.

The native NTSC Canon cameras offer these frame rates in 1080 or 480: 60i, 30f, 24f.

The native PAL Canon cameras offer these frame rates in 1080 or 576: 50i, 25f.

Because you say you have a 25f option, that lets us know you have a PAL camera and 24fps is not an option.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Brydie Sheen
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:51:53 am

thank you..... i guess that means steer clear of anything in settings that relates to 24p and 60i or the above mentioned NTSC!!

What Now?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]