FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need microphone help

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Wheeler
Need microphone help
on Mar 10, 2009 at 5:13:49 pm

So i had my first paid video gig which consisted of interviews so i needed a good handheld microphone for my Canon GL 2. I purchased the Azden 105 for $350 just in time for the event. I was shocked that the audio could barely be heard. I cranked up the input on the mic AND my camera's audio inputs and only got a few signal dots on the left channel. I cranked up the volume on the earphones and it sounded ok. So after the event i loaded footage into FCP and the audio was horrible! The built in Canon mic is FAR superior. . the Azden could barely be heard. I had to send the footage to Soundtrack and remove the extra hissing with noise reduction filter and then crank up the Gain utility filter just to make it audible!
So question: is this normal? Before i send this mic back for a refund i wanted to know if i'm doin' anything wrong first. Anyone have experience with this? Or if not, can anyone recommend a GOOD clear sounding mic for the GL 2 in the same price range? This Azden sounded like a cheap $25 mic ...

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]