FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV, green screen, DVD question...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lon Waitman
HDV, green screen, DVD question...
on Feb 2, 2009 at 2:33:46 am

Hi,

I do not shoot much video - I am an animator and usually create my content in 2D and 3D animation programs. But I recently purchased a Canon HV30 and want to use it for green screen work that will be combined with animation (in After Effects) and put out to regular, standard DVDs and also available for purchase/download from the internet (720 X 480, 30 fps).

Any suggestions about the best way to use this camera for this workflow? Any suggestions re: settings? I know that regular DV is not very good for chroma keying. I have heard that HDV is a little better. Would I do better to shoot in HDV 30P (720p) and import it as such and then just downsize the footage to fit the regular 4:3 window in After Effects? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

wayne dupuis
Re: HDV, green screen, DVD question...
on Feb 11, 2009 at 2:39:04 pm

HDV should work fine. The secret is in lighting the talent, and greenscreen. Do some reading too on what "not to wear", as talent.
Also be aware of how jiggy the talent or camera moves. Every opposing movement will cause jumpiness in the final product.

Return to posts index

Lon Waitman
Re: HDV, green screen, DVD question...
on Feb 11, 2009 at 8:30:56 pm

Thanks, Wayne. I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]