FORUMS: list search recent posts

35mm lens adapter for GL2?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Johnson
35mm lens adapter for GL2?
on Jan 31, 2009 at 11:08:35 pm

Can anyone recommend a good 35mm lens adapter that's compatible with a Canon GL2? I want to be able to have a very soft background and crisp foreground (and vice versa)...i think this is what I need, right?

Return to posts index

Mark Espina
Re: 35mm lens adapter for GL2?
on Feb 2, 2009 at 4:58:28 am

The Brevis or the Letus would be good for you or if you have the budget the P+S tecknik

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: 35mm lens adapter for GL2?
on Feb 2, 2009 at 5:18:58 am

Mark is right... any of the popular DoF converters will work with that camera.

Low end woud be the Brevis35 or Letus35, probably coming in at a grand or a litte more.

Midrange would be the M2 from RedrockMicro, a couple of grand or a little more would get you a fully rigged out system.

Top of the line would be the P+S Technik Mini35. It's the king, looks great and works flawlessly... but it comes with a price. You're looking at around $11,000+ for a Mini35.

And don't forget to budget in for lenses. A set of real cine primes can cost several times as much as the converter itself... even a top-end one like the P+S Technik. A good option for budget shooters is to get two lens mounts for your converter, a PL mount and something like a Nikon or Canon mount. That way you can use inexpensive SLR lenses for day-to-day use, and rent PL mount motion picture lenses as needed for more mission-critical projects.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]