FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deck for reading Canon 24f?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curt Massof
Deck for reading Canon 24f?
on Jan 18, 2009 at 3:25:16 am

I have been searching the net for 2 days now and can't find a definitive answer to this question. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a shoot coming up and the client has requested the same look I gave them for the last project. I used my XHA1/Letus Extreme and of course shot in 24f. Usually I edit all the footage I shoot myself (digitize via firewire) so being able to read the tapes from the XHA1 isn't an issue.. This time though, due to scheduling, I am not editing the piece and will be handing off tapes to a post house.

They will be cutting on an Avid DS (windows) and the deck will need to have at least component or HDSDI and RS422 control. I know the Sony M35U will play back the Canon flavors but it doesn't have RS422 control (rental house doesn't carry it anyway). I spoke with my local rental house about the Sony HVR-1500A but according to them it doesn't read the Canon 24f/30f flavors.

Any other HDV decks I should recommend to the post house for capturing this proprietary format?

Thanks in advance

Curt Massof
Room 39

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Deck for reading Canon 24f?
on Jan 18, 2009 at 4:31:04 am

If you don't get any answers here, you might post your question over on the HDV forum. Some of the guys over there (Douglas Spotted Eagle comes to mind) are more familiar with a wide range of HDV decks in various flavors and might have a more educated answer.

That being said though... I'm unaware of any decks other than the aforementioned M35 that will handle Canon 24f. Everyone I know who uses the XLH1 (as I do) or the XHA1 either uses the M35 or a Canon camera as a source deck.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Curt Massof
on Jan 18, 2009 at 5:42:33 am

Thanks for quick reply, Todd.
I will post this in the HDV forum as well.

Curt Massof
Room 39

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Jan 22, 2009 at 6:02:29 am

Maybe there's a current workaround with Avid I don't know about now, but Avid hasn't had support for Canon's frame modes for years.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]