FORUMS: list search recent posts

about canon HV30 and Sound quality

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio de la cruz
about canon HV30 and Sound quality
on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:21:23 am

Hi, people first hope you have a great 2009! Writing about a number of questions related to the Canon HV30. I thought I posted this message previously but I guess it didn't go through. My question was if anyone knows of a good short or feature film shot with the HV30? Also how was the sound? The reason I ask is because I recently bought a Canon HV30 and I plan to shoot a feature with it. As I'm sure many of you know these days video cameras can give you great images, but the problem is with the sound quality. I recall listening to an interview of a big time producer in Hollywood talking about how to them HD being available to the masses is not an issue because the sound quality in these cameras is not very good. My plan is to buy a Sony shotgun mic ECM 678, lavalier mics and a Beachtek DXA-4 Audio Adapter for good sound quality. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,

Antonio

antonio de la cruz

Return to posts index

Gord Stephen
Re: about canon HV30 and Sound quality
on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:28:26 pm

Hi Antonio,

As far as work done with the HV20/30, there's a lot out there - http://vimeo.com/HV20 is always a good place to look. There's also a lot of stuff on the hv20.com forums - check out the 'HD Shorts' and 'Footage' boards in particular.

You're absolutely right with regards to sound quality. I think that it's pretty safe to assume that any 'good' short or feature would not have used the HV30's onboard mic. I'm by no means an audio expert, but I would say that *anything* (properly used) would probably give better audio results than using the onboard camera mic.

Hope that helps... a little at least.

Gord

Return to posts index

Gord Stephen
Re: about canon HV30 and Sound quality
on Jan 6, 2009 at 12:46:33 pm

Hi again Antonio,

Saw this and thought that it might interest you. It was shot on an HV20.

White Red Panic (HD) from Ayz Waraich on Vimeo.

Gord

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]