FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon HF100 on my recent commercial.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Lopez
Canon HF100 on my recent commercial.
on Dec 27, 2008 at 5:57:10 pm

http://www.crashthesuperbowl.com/#/gallery/video/2229/

The commercial was shot on the hvx200 and the Canon HF100. The hvx200 was great I did a lot of under cranking, in order to make the action look a bit crisper. Knowing I was going to do this the hvx200 was the only camera I could use, unless I wanted to spend a lot of time in post messing with after effects and twixtor. As it turned out I did a lot of that anyway. We shot for 2 days. The first day was for all the action in the warehouse and we used the HVX200, the second was on the kids and we used the Canon HF100. I have lots of experience shooting action sequences so I was able to get it all done in one long 14 hour day. The kids were filmed in about 2 hours; the rest of the day was used on returns. I did not have a lot of rentals on this but I did rented some kinos and a one mighty and 2 tweenies, that we got from Jon Delgado. Other than that we used one 1000w construction lamp form home depot that we bounced in to a 8x8 silver lamay. The camera tripod and silver lamay came from the Dp Ray Flynn. Ray did a wonderful job I think on the lighting, I had very little time to do the post on this job and I did very little color correction on this project do to his handy work. I spent a week on post and effects, that’s all I had, do to my deadline. So the first day was a long day and it went very well for the most part. My Dp was not available for the second day as he was Dp another job with his Red cam. So I shot the footage myself, I only have a canon HF100 that can shoot 24p. However I messed up, I left the camera in 60i mode. When I got in to post and saw my mistakes I very pissed at myself. I had twixter and I looked up the instructions for converting the 60i to 24p but I did not find it very easy to follow. I did not want to spend that kind of time. I came across magic bullet plus it had a very simple one lick operation to convert the footage. So I had to spend a bit more money for this plug-In, but it was a one lick operation, however it took a very long time to convert the footage about 16 hours, for about ten minutes of footage. Maybe I should have only converted the three shots that I ended up using.
Take a look let me know what you think? The commercial was for crash the super bowl contest. The concept was that Super villain’s battle a team of superhero’s in order to attain, the ultimate source of crunchiness! The commercial was for Doritos.

http://www.crashthesuperbowl.com/#/gallery/video/2229/

Return to posts index

ted rossi
Re: Canon HF100 on my recent commercial.
on Jan 4, 2009 at 8:51:15 am

man, that was hillarious :)

It's not the equipment you have that matters, it's what you produce.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]