FORUMS: list search recent posts

Taking Still Photos from a Mini DV tape

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Bowman
Taking Still Photos from a Mini DV tape
on Dec 17, 2008 at 6:16:55 pm

Hello All!

One of my clients wants to be able to take still photos from mini dv footage of her tv show. Up until now she had used an older version of the small Canon camcorders, a 920 I do believe. However, the photo button stopped working. She has tried to find a similar camcorder that will do the job, but so far has only found camcorders that will take still images while in camera mode not in playback mode.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Matte Blume
Re: Taking Still Photos from a Mini DV tape
on Dec 17, 2008 at 7:20:44 pm

The show had to have been edited.

Most video editing software will export stills from the timeline.

Capture the area(s) of the tape from which stills are desired, and export the stills in the computer.

Return to posts index

Emily Bowman
on Dec 17, 2008 at 7:35:20 pm

This is true. However, she does not know how to use or have access to video editing capabilities, and I certainly don't have the time to sit down with her and export tons of stills. She wants to buy a new camera that has the same feature as the older one. My idea is to look for a good used one(same model as her original) with a photo button that still works. Unless anyone knows of a new model that can take still images from a mini dv tape.

Return to posts index

Gord Stephen
on Dec 20, 2008 at 5:16:47 pm

I know that the Canon HV30 will record JPEGs to an SD card during tape playback - it's a great camera for the price, too.

Gord

Return to posts index

odd magne nilsen
on Jan 1, 2009 at 8:16:01 am

If one is going to grab stills, shoot 25p.

odd magne nilsen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]