FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Canon tapeless high def pro camera?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eoin Ryan
New Canon tapeless high def pro camera?
on Nov 30, 2008 at 4:04:00 am

Can someone tell me how I might be able to find out what camera Canon are developing? Does anyone know? I'm talking about something along the lines of the Sony ex3 camera. Canon will have to top with a 2/3rd inch chip or something. I mean surely they must be announcing something soon enough? That seems to be the trend. Sony innovate and canon come along soon after the big sony release and take over. Example PD150 and then the XL2. I'm eager for a full high def tapeless camera from canon soon for my switch over to high def. If not soon I think I'll have to purchase an ex3.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: New Canon tapeless high def pro camera?
on Nov 30, 2008 at 6:22:02 am

Hard to say... Canon and Sony generally have fairly different marketing practices.

Sony will usually announce upcoming products fairly in advance. Canon, on the other hand, historically plays things very close to the vest... it is not uncommon to have never heard even a peep about a new Canon product until it is suddenly on the shelves ready for sale.

Canon undoubtedly has something like that in the works... but you might not hear about it until it is available for release.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

John Kert
on Dec 15, 2008 at 7:42:58 am

Look (Google) the Canon 5D mark II Digital camera (not Camcorder) just came out. It has full frame 21 Mgpixel sensor (same as 35 mm film and same as the RED) It does digital photos and HD (1080P video).
This could be a hint of what may be coming.
JK

Return to posts index

robert chatillion
on Mar 4, 2010 at 8:10:11 pm

I've heard enough rumors about a new Canon HD to make me wait on buying a EX-1R until after CES (anticipated release of new Canon HD). I am chomping at the bit...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]