FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting HF-10 footage into my Mac Pro

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J.R. Gidez
Getting HF-10 footage into my Mac Pro
on Nov 18, 2008 at 9:46:15 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me with this because Apple and Canon are just pointing fingers at each other!

I have an HF-10 that shoot beautiful footage. When I plug it in to my Mac Pro, I can access the footage through FCP Long and transfer settings. I can bring the clips into my computer but when I go to play them, they look as if the video was shot through some sort of frosted/wet/wavy glass.

Same happens when I bring in the footage with iMovie on the Mac Pro AND my iMac. Canon says it is an Apple issue and Apple says the fault lies with Canon. I checked the footage and it plays out fine from the component port and into my HD TV.

Help!

Return to posts index

Brian Berneker
Re: Getting HF-10 footage into my Mac Pro
on Dec 12, 2008 at 9:28:04 pm

I used to have similar problems with Quicktime down sampling displayed video, even though the actual file was full res. Have you tried get info, or playing it in something like VLC to check it?

Return to posts index

J.R. Gidez
on Dec 13, 2008 at 1:19:34 am

It appears there was some corruption in both of my Macs. I zeroed out the drive in my iMac and restored the drive to factory new then updated the OS. files import effortlessly. I suspect there is a conflict with some other program, perhaps even VLC. Once I am finished with my current projects (due before Christmas!) I will zero out my Mac Pro and reinstall everything. Not looking forward to that!

Reed

Return to posts index

Mark Espina
on Jan 31, 2009 at 1:51:30 am

Any updates on this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]