FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 5D MarkII

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murat Pak
Canon 5D MarkII
on Nov 17, 2008 at 8:33:15 am

Hi there.

I'm completely confused about which camera I have to buy, well.. Some people said the this camera is very well for video footage, too !

Well.. This idea is better for me - than paying for a hd cam.. But I have some questions about it.

Will I be able to shoot more than 30fps speed ?
Will I get good lowlight video ? (compared to 1080p video cameras) cams
Will I get sound while recording video (well.. I dont need this, just a question, thats one of the reasons I dont need a HDV cam)
Will I be able to control the shutter speed, aperture, focus an zoom, while recording video ?
Will I be able to get 35mm DoF with 35mm lenses (like - with letus extreme)

Well, that is it for now. As you can see, I'm thinking this as an alternative for my camera neds. Well, I need a good video vamera, yes, but I dont need sound or,long time rocording. So that can solve my work.

One more thing: I'm thinking the video shooting ability of this camera as an alternative to HV30. But well... They're differnt, so I can not compare the results. I need some feedback from you, proffessionals.

Thank you !
~inf.

Return to posts index

Yves Chauvel
Re: Canon 5D MarkII
on Nov 18, 2008 at 9:32:04 pm

No, you cant shoot over 30 fps! In Pal land, where I am from, 25 fps is a much required feature.

I expect good lowlight capabilities, considering the large CMOS sensor, but this should be tested.

Yes, you are able to contol focusing and zooming while shooting. The answer is no for shutter speed and aperture

You don't need any extra adapter considering the large sensor. The DoF, should slighter more controllable than with any 35 mm HD camera.
This could be a great B camera and why not, in some circomstances an impressive A camera.

Return to posts index

Scott McGregor
Re: Canon 5D MarkII
on Jan 5, 2010 at 4:27:39 pm

I am in the same boat. I have seen amazing video from this thing. It's hard to get over the idea of using a still camera for professional video. There must be a downside. I know the audio input is mini. I mainly want to know if the footage will edit in Premiere CS3 on mac. Very important.

thanks.

scottmc59

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]