FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL-H1A log and capture to FCP...any issues? other questions.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Krysz
Canon XL-H1A log and capture to FCP...any issues? other questions.
on Nov 16, 2008 at 1:26:07 pm

HI,

I am considering purchasing the Canon XL-H1A. I know at work i was using the Canon XL-2 SD camera and it had issues with drifting sync when capturing clips in Final Cut Pro (my final cut pro is recent by the way). I take it this had something to do with the audio not being locked (i don't the technicals but I'm sure many here know what I am talking about).

Has Canon fixed this issue with these HDV cameras?

Also, what does it shoot in? 1080 60i?

Any opinions on the camera?

I liked that the new lens fixed the issue of not being able to rack focus and zoom at the same time. That annoyed me on the other cameras.

Return to posts index

Michael Cummins
Re: Canon XL-H1A log and capture to FCP...any issues? other questions.
on Nov 26, 2008 at 3:56:51 pm

Are you talking about the XH-A1?

As far as I know, the sync issues have been dealt with. I've had no audio trouble capturing into FCP6 with 60i. Overall, I love the camera. It shoots HDV 1080 (1440x1080), and DV 4:3/16:9, in 60i, 30p, and 24p. Good little camera. We use two in out studio and on location.

The only issue I have (and one I've only recently run into), is that when you record HDV to tape, you can't capture from it with a downconvert. It has an HDV>DV downconvert feature, but it's disabled when you connect it via FireWire to your computer. I'm currently looking into workarounds for it.

Return to posts index

Duane Andrews
on Nov 3, 2010 at 2:17:14 am

Hi there
I am having a lot of problems trying to capture footage from my canon xha1 to final cut pro version 6.0.1. the footage was shot at 24f and in HD.
final cut will not recognize the camera at all when i have it set to HDV, 1080i, HDV firewire basic, which is what i would prefer. but it will not work. the HDV capture preset is locked and i cant figure out how to unlock it or even create a duplicate.
the only way i can capture footage is using the apple intermediate codec, but the audio is very out of sync, by usually about 4-5 seconds or more.
is there anything i can do about this, i have scoured these forums and i have tried so many things...please let me know if you have any suggestions.
thanks

Return to posts index

Alex Allard
on Jul 28, 2011 at 4:00:13 pm

Have you resolved this issue? I'm in the exact same boat at the moment, and can't find a solution...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]