FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just purchased Canon Xl2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Smoot
Just purchased Canon Xl2
on Nov 9, 2008 at 4:18:49 pm

Just purchased the Canon XL2 and I am very satisfied. I'm intending to create my own short films/documentaries and I'm looking for any online tutorials or DVD's which will help me with cinematography such as focusing, ND, shutter speed, aperture, etc.. I purchased the 'Ultimate Guide to the Canon Xl2" DVD with my camera which has been very helpful with operating the camera, however now I am in search for cinematography help. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Just purchased Canon Xl2
on Nov 17, 2008 at 4:22:51 am

The best way to judge aperture and focus is by monitoring with an external monitor. The xl2 it is very dependent on ample lighting. With documentaries you might not always be allowed the luxury. But for short films, invest in lighting gear and a good monitor and use your eyes. If you can't afford an external monitor and lighting gear, then play back your tapes with the data revealed so you can see how the camera did in different conditions and different settings. You can even experiment by recording a scene and changing the different settings one notch at a time. It really is all about the light. Go to the lighting forum and ask them what books/tutorials would be good.

OSX 10.5.3; MAC PRO 2 X 2.8 GHZ (EARLY 2008); FCP Suite; Sony camcorder vx2000/pd170;Canon xl2; Pana consumer cams; write professionally for a variety of media;teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]