FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Transferring AVCHD into Final Cut from Canon HG21

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cassidy Hartmann
Problems Transferring AVCHD into Final Cut from Canon HG21
on Oct 28, 2008 at 2:30:09 pm

Please help - I'm having a terrible time using Log and Transfer to bring AVCHD files from my Canon HG21 into Final Cut Pro 6. It takes an eternity to even detect and load the video files and when I try to add them to the transfer queue I get error messages that say "unknown" and "no data" (the spinning icon in the transfer window becomes a red exclamation point). When I try to transfer files from the hard drive they're grayed out and I get a message stating something about an incorrect directory pathway.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm up against a deadline and I can't even get my files in to start editing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kyle Georgeson
Re: Problems Transferring AVCHD into Final Cut from Canon HG21
on Jan 12, 2009 at 9:24:20 pm

Ever figure it out? I'm having the same problem

Return to posts index

Cassidy Hartmann
on Jan 12, 2009 at 9:53:11 pm

Sadly, I didn't. I wound up just converting all my files to regular HD and importing them that way. I'm sorry! I even got a couple IT guys to work on it, and they couldn't figure it out.

Return to posts index

Richard Sullivan
on Jan 24, 2009 at 8:42:49 am

Greetings,

I have Canon HG21 and I transfer (with no problems) to iMovie08. I don'tl have FCP yet, but I can manipulate the shoot
with iMovie08 (for what it's worth).
Can you transfer the frames from iMovie to FCP?. You are doing this with a mac, aren't you? Otherwise I don't know.

I hope I've helped. Rich,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]