FORUMS: list search recent posts

XHA1 NTSC or PAL

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pete baratta
XHA1 NTSC or PAL
on Oct 23, 2008 at 11:05:46 am

Hi people, I'll try & keep this short. I retired here to the UK from the states a few years back. Did lots of taping there with Sony D8 NTSC and brought all my gear with me. I still make DVD's and mainly send them back to friends in the USA and, of course, in the UK my DVD recorder/player and TV will accept NTSC material.
Riveting stuff this, right?. I'll be upgrading my TV to a HDTV (PAL)large screen LCD soon and down the line want to upgrade to an XHA1. My question is this: since any HiDef DVD's I make in the future will still be sent to friends in the states or watched here at home would I be better off buying an NTSC or a PAL Canon?
I use Sony Vegas Pro 8 for editing so there's no prob making the HD DVD's but I'm not sure if my,soon to be,HDTV can playback an NTSC DVD tho my DVD recorder has a digital tuner and HDMI outputs. Clear as mud, right. I can shoot in HDV PAL and have no problems here but have to re-render in NTSC HD for the folks back home. Should also mention that in 2010 I have to return to the states to shoot a wedding and other occasions so my friends there will not see the tapes (if I'm in PAL)till I return back here & edit the final in NTSC.Any info please, thanx, Pete.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]