FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is my camcorder useless?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Fox
Is my camcorder useless?
on Oct 15, 2008 at 10:12:50 pm

I recently purchased a second hand Canon MV600i camcorder from eBay with a view to use a helmet camera with it, and I can confirm that the input does work perfectly and the picture from the helmet cam is pretty good.

Unfortunately, to record from the helmet cam, the remote for the camcorder needs to have a ‘Rec Pause’ button otherwise you just get to see the output of the cam without being able to record it. The remote that comes with the MV600i does not have this button…great.

Should I fear the worst that the camcorder is useless to me, or do you know of any way around this? My remote is the Canon WL-D80 without the ‘Rec Pause’ button, but the WL-D79 that comes with the MV650i and the MV630i does have the button. Any ideas if just buying this remote will work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Matte Blume
Re: Is my camcorder useless?
on Oct 17, 2008 at 2:18:24 pm

What happens when the camera is in RECORD mode and you press the PAUSE button on the remote?

Return to posts index

Paul Fox
on Oct 17, 2008 at 7:15:35 pm

In record mode i'm assuming you mean camera mode (as opposed to play back mode). In camera mode the only input it recognises is that from the cameras own lense not the AV input.

Return to posts index

Paul Fox
on Oct 17, 2008 at 9:11:03 pm

Thanks to those that have read my post and to those that responded.

As it turns out Canon make 2 remotes with the same model code (WL-D80). One has 3 more buttons than the other and comes with the MV-600i. The one without those 3 extra buttons comes with the MV-600.

It was just my luck to buy an MV-600i that came with the MV-600 remote and render my purchase almost useless.

Thankfully I have found the correct remote for sale on eBay and it's in the post.

Return to posts index

Geoff Greaves
on Dec 22, 2008 at 12:13:12 pm

Hi

Have you still got the MV600 remote? I've got the camera but no remote at all!

Cheers, geoff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]