FORUMS: list search recent posts

XH A1 and LANC remote - zoom doesn't work at fixed speed

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark McFarlane
XH A1 and LANC remote - zoom doesn't work at fixed speed
on Sep 19, 2008 at 2:44:01 pm

I tried a friends wired remote zoom control the other day on my new XH A1. I had the camera zoom speed set manually to 3.

When I used the remote lanc control's zoom toggle switch the camera shifted into variable speed zoom, i.e. it ignored my on-camera manual zoom speed setting.

Is this the expected behavoir with all lanc zoom controllers on this camera? I'd like to have a zoom control on my tripod handle, but I prefer to work with fixed speed zoom.

Anyone tested a particular lanc zoom control and got it to work in fixed-speed mode on an XH A1?

Thanks,

Mark McFarlane

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: XH A1 and LANC remote - zoom doesn't work at fixed speed
on Sep 19, 2008 at 2:53:57 pm

I can't speak to the XH A1, but there are similar issues with the XL H1 in that some models of third-party lens controllers (Varizoom, etc.) will NOT work with the H1... so I suspect that is the case with the A1 which is fundamentally a very similar camera.

At least it sounds like the controller you had worked to some degree... I've heard of some that do not work at all.

[Mark McFarlane] "Is this the expected behavoir with all lanc zoom controllers on this camera?"

I'd say that's going to be expected behavior with some controllers, perhaps not all. I would contact the manufacturer of the zoom controls you are considering and see if they have a particular make or model that is confirmed operational for Canon's particular LANC protocol.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark McFarlane
on Sep 20, 2008 at 12:58:07 pm

Thanks Todd.

Mark McFarlane

Return to posts index

TL Westgate
on Sep 22, 2008 at 2:50:13 pm

I think the fixed zoom ONLY works with the rocker by the thumb. The rocker on top and the remote don't recognize the fixed setting.

-- TL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]