FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon GL1 and GL2 lighting shift

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Topher Welsh
Canon GL1 and GL2 lighting shift
on Sep 5, 2008 at 4:39:40 pm

Hey all... I was wondering if anyone has ever had any trouble with a GL1 or GL2, when the lighting kind of "shifts" from lighter to darker when you have it set to FULL MANUAL setting

I wish I had the video exported, but it was at a clients house... so I don't have access to it.

Its very strange, because when you set it to FULL AUTOMATIC it doesn't do it anymore. To me, if you have it set on Manual there shouldn't be any kind of shifting like that.

correct me if I am wrong, please but I am sooo confused.

Thanks,
Topher

Topher Welsh
Head Editor & Motion Graphics
Emerald Downs Horse Racing
Television Department

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Canon GL1 and GL2 lighting shift
on Sep 5, 2008 at 8:11:51 pm

[Topher Welsh] "To me, if you have it set on Manual there shouldn't be any kind of shifting like that. "

I just checked my own GL2, which is always set to full manual and I didn't see any light shifting. The gain didn't change, nor did the F stop or shutter speed, all of which will definitely affect the light coming in to the camera. Perhaps you could try replacing the memory battery, but that really does is to remember your last settings as well as the clock time/date, etc.

The other thing you could try is to toggle the electronic ND filter button on and off several times just to make sure that's working properly. The light shift from turning the ND filter on and off is pretty substantial though, so you'd know right away if it's the same amount of shift as your recorded video.

Other than that I'd suggest taking the camera to a qualified Canon repair facility.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]