FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon GL2 and Lowlight

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devon Brown
Canon GL2 and Lowlight
on Jul 28, 2008 at 5:58:50 pm

Hello all!

I previously used the XL1s a few years ago and am now looking to getting back into wedding videography. I was looking into the GL2 since i have found them easier to move with and was wondering, for you canon experts, if the GL2 would be good for my purposes? Especially in lower light situations?

Any insight would be great! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Devon Brown
Re: Canon GL2 and Lowlight
on Jul 28, 2008 at 5:59:40 pm

lol - just saw the gl2 question below!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jul 28, 2008 at 7:17:14 pm

The GL2 question below didn't talk too much on the low light capability of the GL2. If you already have one then you may as well keep using it, although its low light performance is about the same as the XL1s or maybe a tad less.

The best low light performer in the standard definition class of Mini DV cameras is the Sony PD170 by a considerable margin over the GL2.

- Don

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Jul 31, 2008 at 4:51:49 pm

Hi Devon,

I have the Canon GL2 for around 4 years or more. Your right about the handling of the GL2. I use it when I travel, great camcorder. When shooting a wedding, get a light for the GL2, you'll need it. I have a Frezzi light system for my GL2. I hate replacing batteries, I don't mine recharging them. Get yourself a on camera light that runs off the battery that operates the camera, that's a must. Start thinking about moving into the HD camcorders.

Best of Luck!

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]