FORUMS: list search recent posts

XH A1 upcut video?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren Morningstar
XH A1 upcut video?
on Jun 27, 2008 at 5:07:33 pm

This has caught me twice, now. I shoot some tape, review it, then use the end search button to position the tape at the end of my footage. But when I start recording again, the first few seconds after punching the button aren't recorded. Can anybody explain why? (I now make sure I've laid down 5 seconds of tape before starting the action...)

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XH A1 upcut video?
on Jun 28, 2008 at 6:22:35 am

[Warren Morningstar] "I now make sure I've laid down 5 seconds of tape before starting the action...) "

Consider making it 15 seconds. With a TC break most NLEs need a 10 second handle for batch capturing otherwise it loses TC (rewinds too far) before running the tape forward again. A 15 second leeder on the tape adds just a little extra insurance generally making things easier to work with.

If you need to review things all the time during a shoot just record another 10 sec. before you shut off and do the review. When it's time to position the tape again for more recording make sure you're at least 5 seconds into the tail of the last clip. That should solve it for you.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]