FORUMS: list search recent posts

Back-focus on Canon XH A1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Gleeson
Back-focus on Canon XH A1
on Jun 23, 2008 at 8:09:48 pm

Hello,

I have a Canon XH A1 camera. I usually zoom-in very close on a subject to manually focus. Then zoom back out the subject should crystal clear. However, I am noticing that this is not working. When I zoom back out, the subject which was in crisp focus is now out of focus. The backgound (a metre or more) seems to be in focus. Is this what they call a "back-focus" problem? If so, how do I correct it?

Many thanks
Martin
Canon XH A1
Search the Web

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Back-focus on Canon XH A1
on Jun 24, 2008 at 6:18:36 pm

Typically, the backfocus adjustment on fixed Canon lenses like the A1 is a done electronically as opposed to a mechanical adjustment. If you think you have a backfocus issue with your camera your only option is to send it to Canon repair. They will mount the camera on a machine made for this purpose and do it right.

- Don

Return to posts index

karl thompson
Re: Back-focus on Canon XH A1
on Aug 28, 2008 at 4:18:59 pm

Hey man, I just bought 2 canon XH A1 for a production company that i'm building. I think I have the same problem that you have on both of my cameras. I was asked to do a shoot at 4:3 ratio and 60i. I noticed that my talent (person in front of cam) looked very soft and with out detail once I zoomed out. It looked the same way once imported to final cut. I was told by the canon people that it might be a back focus issue in which I would have to send these back to canon. My question to you is....were you able to get your problem resolved with the back focus or what ever was causing the problem? Was canon helpful in taking care of it? Or did you have to return your cameras?
thanks.
Karl Thompson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]