FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XH-A1 Unable to work with FCP 6.0

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Waterman
Canon XH-A1 Unable to work with FCP 6.0
on Jun 12, 2008 at 12:23:32 pm

Hi, I might not make sense, so I will break down what I have observed, and see if anyone can help.

I have a two Canon XH-A1 cameras, and this is the first time I have ever tried to download the video to my MacBook Pro (2.5GHZ, Leopard, Final Cut Pro 6.0). I have been running the forums, and see the setups that everyone recommends, which I have done. When I do all this and try to capture, the error message shows that no deck is attached, so therefore no source to actually capture from. Interesting enough, when I was messing around with FCP and the capture settings, it actually picked up the audio on the bars, so I know a signal is coming in.

Second, and I am not sure if this is related, but when I plug the firewire in to either camera, the HDV/DV IN lights up. I unplug the firewire from camera or computer, and it disappears. I have checked all of my settings as they should be set by others instructions. Interesting enough, when I plug in the firewire, the ability to adjust playback on the menu (while in vcr/play) disappears and gives no control.

I am at my wits end. I am a minister, and have been doing this for a hobby, albeit I just upgraded to the XH-A1. I have content on the camera that is time sensitive and stressing me out. I appreciate any information that could be shared with me, which will get my footage off the camera and on the comp.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Dean Waterman

Return to posts index

Erik Naso
Re: Canon XH-A1 Unable to work with FCP 6.0
on Jun 20, 2008 at 2:54:11 pm

It works. I do it all the time.

look on page 109 of your manual for info on connecting to a computer. This should fix your problem. Since you didn't mention what format you recoded its harder to answer.

IN MENU
HDV= video output set {PLAYBACK STD} to {HDV} and {HD DOWN-CONV} TO {OFF}

IN FINAL CUT USE HDV EASY SETUP WITH HDV FIREWIRE BASIC.

Good Luck

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: Canon XH-A1 Unable to work with FCP 6.0
on Jun 30, 2008 at 11:14:39 am

You could also try closing FCP, then trashing your FCP pref files, then rebooting, then restarting FCP with camera connected in VCR Mode. Then, choose an EASY SETUP of HDV 1080i 60 and finally in AUDIO VIDEO SETTINGS set DEVICE CONTROL from to HDV FIREWIRE BASIC.

How To Trash Your FCP Prefs:
1. Quit FCP.
2. Open your System Drive.
3. Set to Column View.
4. Follow the path: Users > Name > Library > Preferences.
5. In the Preferences Pane look for "com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist". Drag the FCP plist to the Trash.
6. In the same Preference Pane, look for the Final Cut Pro User Data Folder.
7. From inside the Data Folder, drag 'Final Cut Pro (v) Prefs', 'Final Cut Pro Obj Cache' and 'Final Cut Pro Prof Cache' to the Trash.
8. Do NOT empty the Trash just yet.
9. Launch FCP and check all your settings. All FCP setting will have reverted to default. Don't forget to reset your Scratch Disk settings.
10. Once FCP is up and running correctly, then you can empty the Trash.

Let us know how things work out for you.

- Don
http://noisybrain.com
http://www.bosfcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]