FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon xl2 vs. Panasonic AG-DVX100B

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Materazzi
Canon xl2 vs. Panasonic AG-DVX100B
on Jun 9, 2008 at 1:08:14 pm

Which is a better fit for me? I am primarily shooting weddings, music vid's and documentaries. I often don't have the time to stop what i am doing and mess around with adjusting greens, reds, blues (i.e. XL2 manual stuff) I am in low light a lot as well...what u think?

Jesus is Lord

Return to posts index

Todd Roush
Re: Canon xl2 vs. Panasonic AG-DVX100B
on Jun 25, 2008 at 8:16:13 am

I can tell you right now that I am regretting dumping my DVX-100P for a Canon XH-A1 on many profound levels. That said, it appears that HDV just generally sucks for low and apparently what I used to refer to upper mid light levels.

I also used to use a GL2 which was nice but not great.

Disclaimer: This camera is new to me and may require heavy manual adjust to do decent low light.

Bottom line for your question. Only bad thing about 100P which I think was corrected later is that it was TERRIBLE in bright light. How odd is that? Made me look like a superstar shooting events in Auto w/manual exposure. Beautiful skin tones. Unsurpassed really.

I miss the DVX audio limiter that makes it very difficult to overdrive your lines even in manual level mode. If you overdrive it "auto-limits." I don't think Canon has this but the manual is extensive so maybe I'll get there in a week or 2. TOO BUSY WORKING TO FIDDLE AROUND MYSELF.

Sony is also known to bee good for ease of use. Just check Discovery channel who uses it almost exclusively.

Good luck. You can't beat the Panny and the prices should be quite low.

S.

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Panny DVX-100's but changing so Sony or Cannon HDV soon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]