FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL H1 Monitoring with a Varizoom VZ-TFT7U?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesus Ali
XL H1 Monitoring with a Varizoom VZ-TFT7U?
on May 20, 2008 at 6:15:51 pm

Hello Everyone,

I work at an art school where we are trying to use a Canon XL H1 as a high end studio camera, using a KONA 3 card to capture full hd green screen footage.

I wanted to add a monitor to the camera and I saw the Varizoom VZ-TFT7U, 16:9 monitor.

I just realized that it doesn't say anywhere that it is an HD monitor. It connects with an RCA cable.

So, my question is, does anyone know first hand if the Canon XL H1 can send a SD feed out of the RCA video jack at the same time as it sends an HD-SDI feed out of the BNC jack?

If so, will the SD monitor be useful for ascertaining zoom, focus and peaking?

Thanks, Jesus.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: XL H1 Monitoring with a Varizoom VZ-TFT7U?
on May 20, 2008 at 11:05:50 pm

I can't speak to the RCA composite connector, as I never use that....

BUT...

You CAN in-camera downconvert and get SD out of the S-Video port while simultaniously getting HD out of the HD-SDI and rear component ports... we do that all the time with our XLH1 feeding HD to a high-def LCD monitor (via component) and feeding SD to a standard-def Sony CRT (via S-Video) at the same time.

So... I would imagine that it is pumping SD out of the composite port as well. I'll check that to confirm when I get a chance.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: XL H1 Monitoring with a Varizoom VZ-TFT7U?
on May 28, 2008 at 9:04:01 pm

Yes, it will output SD from the RCA composite connector at the same time it is outputting HD from the SDI port.

- Don
http://noisybrain.com
http://www.bosfcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]