FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting L&R audio on GL2 w/ MA-300 Dual XLR Microphone Adapter

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abigail Spyker
Getting L&R audio on GL2 w/ MA-300 Dual XLR Microphone Adapter
on May 14, 2008 at 5:22:28 am

I just purchased a MA-300 Dual XLR Microphone Adapter to use with my canon GL2. Sometimes I want to record lavaliere mic audio on one track and shotgun mic audio on the other track and that works fine . . . but sometimes I want to record the sennheiser lavaliere audio into the left and right track. The problem is that I can't seem to get the lavaliere to come into both tracks. Is there something I can change in the camera so it will do this?

I realize that it's easy to fix in post, but with certain clients - I shoot and mail the tape to the editors. with my beachtek adapter I could just flip the switch to mono (or stereo or something) and the lavaliere would come into both tracks, but the cord went bad on the adapter which is why I bought the MA300.

I tried plugging the lavaliere directly into the mic input on the camera (then of course I get the lavaliere audio on the left and right channel) . . . but I don't think it sounds as good as it does coming through the XLR cable plugged into the MA300. Am I imagining this, or does the MA-300 get better audio than running directly into the camera?

I've searched the manual and these forums and haven't seen this discussed (although it's probably here somewhere).

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: Getting L&R audio on GL2 w/ MA-300 Dual XLR Microphone Adapter
on May 28, 2008 at 9:22:45 pm

You'll have to use an XLR "Y" CABLE to feed both inputs of the MA-300. If you set your levels correctly, the lav should more or less sound the same regardless if plugged into the mini-plug input or into the MA-300.

- Don
http://noisybrain.com
http://www.bosfcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]