FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XH A1 resolution

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pouyan Fard
Canon XH A1 resolution
on May 4, 2008 at 2:27:04 am

Hi

I know that Canon XH A1 offer a 1920*1080 image but I was wondering how many line of resolution does that image have?

thanks
Pouyan

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Canon XH A1 resolution
on May 4, 2008 at 6:34:41 am

A short Google search came up with Adam Wilt's test of the XH A1 from a while ago where he states that the camera resolves 800+ TV lines (800+ TVl/ph.).

http://www.dv.com/reviews/reviews_item.php?articleId=196602584

Keep in mind that the actual pixel count of this camera is 1440X1080 which is an anamorphic image.

- Don

Return to posts index

Todd Roush
on May 9, 2008 at 6:52:49 am

I'm not a huge Sony fan, not a hater by any means either but from what I can normally tell the Sony image is either clearer or it may just be giving the illusion of being clearer because there seems to be less color (or more natural color?) with those cameras?

I'm a disenfranchised Panasonic DVX100 user looking for an HDV solution and although there are great things about both Sony and Canon I am afraid that I will never see skin tones like I did with the Panasonic in HDV and I can't afford....NOT INTERESTED IN rediculously expensive tapeless formats that must be stored on gargantuan hard drives that crash frequently and DVD/Blue RAy disks that experience chemical breakdowns (I have tragically experience both and ONLY trust TAPE).

I think Sony has a higher actual pixel count. I canon still using that pixel shift?

Thanks (considering XH A1 despite many posts about quality issues).

Todd.

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Panny DVX-100's but changing so Sony or Cannon HDV soon.

Return to posts index

wayne dupuis
on Jun 12, 2008 at 2:00:31 pm

Todd although you are an eloquent writer your are dead wrong about the A1. I can tel;l you may not have shot with one, because if you had you would know it has latitude, and a plethora of options in colour matrices within it's preset (one button selection of over 29 looks in camera)
I shot a piece this week using "Panalook2" by Steve Dempsey and it looks really close to the colour I was able to achieve with my DVX100, but in my opinion much much better.
I shoot everything in HD now (shooting with a preset in camera, for what look I need) and output from FCP in whatever format is required by the client. The HD output downrezed looks superior to anything I've shot with DVX.
I can see the benefit of a tapeless work flow, but miss nothing in review.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]