FORUMS: list search recent posts

cheapest place to buy great HD tapes

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conrad Wade
cheapest place to buy great HD tapes
on Apr 8, 2008 at 8:15:20 am

Aloha,

I'm new to the HD tape buying game, does any one have suggestions as to tape brands and retailers?

i have an XH A1?

haha i know this isnt related to my post title, but does any one know a brand name/ retailer for a cheap good tripod?

Thanks a billion !
Conrad

Return to posts index

Jack Donnelly
Re: cheapest place to buy great HD tapes
on Apr 28, 2008 at 7:19:43 pm

Try tapestockonline.com. They have great prices and absolutely excellent customer service. Orders are shipped asap along with tracking info.

Jack Donnelly
Ball Ground Video Productions

Return to posts index

Conrad Wade
on Apr 28, 2008 at 8:27:31 pm

wow the tapes are cheap...but the shipping killed the order... 30$ for 4 tapes. Theres a place here in Honolulu that sells them for 12ish... the problem with tapestockonline is i have to expedite shipping to 2 day..

has any one tried the maxell they sell ??

Maxell DVM63PRO DVC Mini DV TAPES
Starting at $4.72 each!
http://www.tapestockonline.com/mamidv60mi1.html

-------
Aloha - buzz me @ ( eight O eight ) 7twoTHREE - four1sixONE
-------

Return to posts index

Jack Donnelly
on Apr 29, 2008 at 2:26:09 am

I'm not used to buying less than a case of 100 so I don't have to get them the next day and pay outrageous shipping. Planning ahead is important in the video business. As far as your Maxell question, I avoid them and use Panasonic AY-DVM63AMQs when I'm not recording to an FS-3 hard drive. Heads cost too much and losing critical video isn't an option - so using cheap tape doesn't make sense. Stick with the correct tape and lubricant for your camera. Panny, Canon and JVC use dry lubes while Sony uses a wet lube tape. Mixing them is a disaster and will gum up your heads in a heartbeat.

Jack Donnelly

Jack Donnelly
Ball Ground Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]