FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shoulder Mount for GL2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Shreeve
Shoulder Mount for GL2
on Apr 3, 2008 at 2:26:07 pm

Hi,
I'm looking into buying a shoulder mount for my GL2 but i'm not sure which one would be the best or most comfortable. Any recommendations? Would a shoulder mount be the best way to go for more stable video?

Bryce

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Shoulder Mount for GL2
on Apr 3, 2008 at 4:25:10 pm

I was using a Varizoom piece with my GL2. We have two of them and still use them with other cameras.

http://www.varizoom.com/products/supports/vzlsp.html

- Don

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 3, 2008 at 4:29:11 pm

I can't vouch for the quality, but if you want something dirt cheap just to play with to see if a shoulder support helps, there is the little Spider Brace... sells for next to nuthin'.

http://www.spiderbrace.com/

Of course with most things you get what you pay for, but if you have light usage or don't want to make a several hundred dollars investment in one right now it might be worth trying.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Apr 6, 2008 at 8:14:03 am

I use the Spider Brace 2 all the time with my GL2 and I absolutely love it. I used to Glidecam most of my shots, but actually with a little practice you can get extremely smooth movement with the spiderbrace, and you won't fatigue nearly as fast. You do have be careful with it, as it's made primarily out of PVC pipes and is a little fragile, but i've been using mine for over a year and haven't managed to break it yet. If you do get one, make sure you get the Spider Brace 2, the Spider Brace (or Spider Brace 1) is meant for cameras with an offset viewfinder, I.E. the XL series.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]