FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera suggestions?....

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toby Van Kleeck
Camera suggestions?....
on Feb 20, 2008 at 10:28:27 pm

Ok I know this is the Canon camcorders forum, but I had to pick one forum or another to post this in.

I want to purchase a camcorder as a gift for my wife who does hobbyist videography. Need the option of manual focus and 24p. I'm looking to spend $1000 or less if possible. Of course if the cam was absolutely perfect for her I would spend another 100 or so.

In the interest of full disclosure, I might end up using this cam too for freelance purposes ;). Mostly smallish jobs, nothing corporate, fair amount of greenwall shoots.

I haven't bought a camcorder in ten years, so I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for. So if anyone out there can suggest a solid cam that is reliable, that would be great. Also, if there are any cams out there to avoid, that would be great too.

Thanks so much in advance to any responses!

Return to posts index

RJ Miles
Re: Camera suggestions?....
on Feb 21, 2008 at 5:04:30 am

I just bought a Canon HV20 for $650 and I am extremely happy with the camera.

There is a newer HV30 just coming out that does 30p in addition to 24p and 60i/29.97.

Check it out. The HV20 is very widely appreciated by small film makersas it has many DOF adapter options and can record 4:2:2 out of it's HDMI port to something like a BlackMagic Intensity Pro.

Happy shopping

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]