FORUMS: list search recent posts

xh a1 blues.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Foster
xh a1 blues.
on Feb 14, 2008 at 7:31:48 am

I hope someone out there can help with this one. I have been successful capturing from my xh-a1 in the past, but a frustrating problem has me pulling out what little hair I have left.

I've checked my camera settings before hooking up a firewire-I'm attempting hdv 60i capture to FCP 6

Signal Setup-
playback- hdv (I've tried auto as well)
HD Down-convert- off
letterbox-off

However, when I attempt to hook up my camera to my MacPro octo 2.8 (Leapord), the camera display has "ch1/2" and "hdv/dv in" alternately flashing. Mind you this is before opening FCP or iMovie. I tired hooking it up to my Macbook Pro (Tiger), and the same two things flash.I tried several firewire cables with no change. Fearing that some Apple update might have messed things up, I tried hooking the camera to my PC which has Vegas 6, and I got the exact same flashing before attempting to open Vegas. None of the programs recognize the camera at all. I did not have any video applications running when I hooked up the camera to the various computers. I did a reset all in the system menu, and that did nothing. My hv20 is working fine. My xl2 works fine.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. The xh a1 is not even two months old, and the tape heads are cleaned at regular intervals, etc.

Dave Foster

Return to posts index

David Foster
Re: xh a1 blues.
on Feb 18, 2008 at 4:35:37 am

I'll admit I am surprised no one knows the answer to this. Anyway, I talked with Canon customer service, and after some discussion we agreed that the camera's firewire port is kaput (after three uses).

So, if anyone with an XH A1 tries to hook it up to a computer via firewire, and the CH1/2 display and "dv/hdv in" alternately flash in the camera display, it's 98% likely the firewire port is fried.

dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]