FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Where do I get one

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Jeffries
on Feb 11, 2008 at 11:12:34 pm

Where do I buy a spliter at and what kind? I have the same problem.

Dalebay.com

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Feb 12, 2008 at 1:17:00 am

What splitter?

Which problem?

Return to posts index

Dale Jeffries
on Feb 12, 2008 at 1:39:06 am

I thought I posted in the right spot but I am new to this website. Anyways, the question was from http://forums.creativecow.net/archivepost/59/765697
and it talks about the following below. I have the same problem with this topic below and need to understand how to fix the one sided mic problem. Read on and my question will be clear.

THE TOPIC
Subject: Canon MA-300 XLR adapter

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew some specifics about the Canon MA-300 XLR adapter - I bought one for my GL2, but I notice when I hook it up to the camcorder and add a microphone, I can only get the sound from one speaker, left or right. Does anyone know how to get the sound from one microphone onto both speakers?

I know I could probably buy a separate wire that splits the sound recorded from one speaker onto the two of them, but doesn't this adapter provide for itself? When I bought it (from B&H), the salesman said I could put the sound from one microphone onto both speakers, but I see no option to in my GL2's menu or anything. Am I overlooking something?

Re: Canon MA-300 XLR adapter
Most XLR mics will record in mono. All that buying a splitter will do is to record the same mono channel on two channels. You would save yourself time and money if you just duplicate the track in your editing application of choice.

a big advantage to using a splitter is that you can set the levels on each channel seperately, to better avoid clipping.

True. Guess I'll just stick to duplicating the audio track in my editing program (as kieran suggested) and then when I get some money, I'll buy a splitter. Rather broke as of now..

Hm..good point there. Thanks for the response.

NOW MY QUESTION IS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND NEED TO FIND HOW TO FIX THIS ONE EAR MIC PROBLEM. I need to know where to buy a spliter and where to get one or is there another way around to fix this problem. How do I get both ears to hear when I plug a mic into the camera? Maybe there is a setting, who knows?

Dalebay.com

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Feb 12, 2008 at 5:55:38 am

What CAMERA do you have?

Return to posts index

Dale Jeffries
on Feb 12, 2008 at 3:27:10 pm

I have a GL2 Canyon.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 14, 2008 at 8:19:40 pm

Is that anywhere close to Devil's Canyon?

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]