FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dashcam movement problem

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Alvarez
Dashcam movement problem
on Jan 12, 2008 at 2:35:24 am

I improvised a small platform made of pressed board that is hard with a hole to pass a screw that fits in the place where you normally screw in the tripod, and four small velcro squares with four more on the dashboard so I can place any camcorder on it and film some of the places I drive through. So far I've put in it different camcorders that I've had at some point or another, including an old Sony Digital 8, a JVC miniDV and the new Panasonic SD5. In all of them it worked perfectly. Two days ago I finally received the HV20 and I placed it on the platform. But when I got home and I watched the footage it was horrible, there was this constant vibration that made the footage pretty much useless, especially the parts shot in 24p because there's a lot of added blurriness. While some roads where quite terrible (I live in Raleigh, NC and we have some of the worst maintained roads in the country), the shakiness was also present in places with smooth pavement. It's like the camcorder enhanced every single vibration of the vehicle, something that never happened with any of the other camcorders. I thought that maybe I had done something wrong, so I double checked everything and did some more shooting, even disabling motion stabilization just in case it was overdoing it, but it was still the same. What could be the problem? All the footage that I shot handheld looks pristine, and the motion stabilization works great when it's handheld, so I'm puzzled.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]