FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL-H1 or Sony HVR-Z1U

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
New2Moo
Canon XL-H1 or Sony HVR-Z1U
on Oct 26, 2007 at 4:47:25 pm

Hey all,

I find myself in a great condition to be in. We are about to buy two new cameras and I am trying to decide which to go with. It is between the canon XL-H1 and the Sony HVR-Z1U.

These cameras will be used for interviews, action, low light, nature scenes, and just about every way I can think of.

I know the tech specs for both but I am looking for ease of use and quality.

The one concern I have is the Sony does not have the interchangable lenses that the Canon allows for.

Any insights that you guys have would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Steven

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: Canon XL-H1 or Sony HVR-Z1U
on Oct 26, 2007 at 6:02:33 pm

Well, I can't speak to the HVR-Z1U, as I have never used it (although I am a big Sony fan, and as they say, "No one ever got fired for buying Sony")...

But... I am a HUGE fan of the XLH1... I use it everyday. In fact, I am writing on a break from location shooting all morning with it, and am heading back out in moments to shoot more.

I love almost everything about this camera... in two decades in the business this has been my very favorite camera purchase (of any and all brands and formats). I can't say enough good things about it. Stunning picture, great ergonomics, and incredible ease of use. And to us, the removable lens is very important (I hardly ever shoot with the stock lens... in fact, if I wanted to, I would have to go look for it).

We bought one of the very first ones right when they came out, and it has been a real trooper... hasn't let me down once.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]