FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Compent out of the XL H1??/

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hdfilmmaker
Using Compent out of the XL H1??/
on Oct 10, 2007 at 10:51:37 pm

What kind of signal or image size do I get when I use the supplied HDMI breakout cable from the XLH1? too take a compent signal into FCP? Does anyone use this for capturing?

Is that the color red you want to use?

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: Using Compent out of the XL H1??/
on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:07:00 pm

The Component output of the XL H1 outputs an Analog Component Y(Green), Pb/Cb(Blue), Pr/Cr(Red) 4:2:2 29.97 1080i signal.

- Don
http://noisybrain.com
http://www.bosfcpug.org

Return to posts index

hdfilmmaker
on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:11:08 pm

BUt that is not as good of quality as SDI? I have the KONA LH card. I can not find which connector on the card is for SDI.

Is that the color red you want to use?

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
on Oct 11, 2007 at 5:22:42 pm

[hdfilmmaker] "BUt that is not as good of quality as SDI? I have the KONA LH card."

HD-SDI is going to be the way to go, if you can.... although I kinda doubt your eyeballs would be able to tell if it is much superior to component.

I'm guessing you don't have the AJA KONA breakout box... which has direct HD-SDI BNC connector inputs and outputs on it...that's the way we injest XLH1 video. Without the breakout box, I'm not sure how you can get HD-SDI into the KONA card. You might ask that over in one of the AJA forums.

Even if you can get HD-SDI video straight into the card, you might look into getting the breakout box just for convenience sake (it's a slim rack mount box with bunches of BNC connectors, XLR audio ins and outs etc... and connects straight to the card with two cables). It's not very expensive, if I recall.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]