FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon camcorder that mount EOS lenses

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dreamspy
Canon camcorder that mount EOS lenses
on Oct 7, 2007 at 2:14:11 pm

hi there

I have a Canon EOS mp-e 65mm macro lens, for canon EOS photographic cameras. I recently heard that there are some canon camcorders out there that have interchangeable lenses and can be used with EOS lenses.

Would Canon XL2 be the best camera for that? I know XLH1 is probably better, but I'm not planing to spend that much money.

Also, does anyone know if this MP-E lens works on these Canon Camcorders? It should, but I'm just concerned since this lens is rather "special".

Regards
Fr

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Canon camcorder that mount EOS lenses
on Oct 7, 2007 at 5:12:15 pm

[dreamspy] "Would Canon XL2 be the best camera for that? I know XLH1 is probably better, but I'm not planing to spend that much money.
"

Any of XL series cameras will do what you want. Of all the standard def XL cameras the XL2 would be the best choice. Regardless of which one you use you'll still need to buy the EF adapter to use any EOS lens.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=SNAMod...

- Don

Return to posts index

dreamspy
on Oct 8, 2007 at 10:43:59 am

I'm also considered about another thing. How is the image quality? Since the crop factor is about 7.8 I think, then isn't the resolution in the lens greatly reduced? And factores like chromatic abberation, might they be a problem?

regards
Fr

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Oct 8, 2007 at 8:46:39 pm

[dreamspy] "How is the image quality? Since the crop factor is about 7.8 I think, then isn't the resolution in the lens greatly reduced? And factores like chromatic abberation, might they be a problem?"

Your concerns are quite valid but you'll have to wait until folks like the forum moderator or Todd from Fantastic Plastic show up. They have more experience using optical adapters than I. I know that Todd uses a mini35 adapter on his XL-H1 with cine-style lenses, so he may be able to give you some insight to determine the 35mm equivalent of what you're looking for.

I've never used the EF adapter or different lenses on my XL2. I just know that certain parts are required to do what you want.

- Don

Return to posts index

dreamspy
on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:32:32 pm

I'we done extensive searching on the internet and the only source of information I'we found regarding image quality is this site:

http://dvinfo.net/canonxl2/articles/article10.php

In one of his test he used a 300mm lens, which resulted in poor resolution and allot of chromatic abberation. But I'm not so sure if this test says anything about what results I will get from the my lens (the canon mp-e 65mm), since he was using a cheap 3rd party zoom lens, which are very prone to faults like these.

Anyone have a thought on that? Or even had an experience with using high quality canon EOS/EF lenses on the XL's?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]