FORUMS: list search recent posts

how high can a xh a1 reach?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dfw_07
how high can a xh a1 reach?
on Oct 5, 2007 at 8:51:05 am

hi guys, i'm a newbee whose interested with hd camcorders and in these days i'm paying attention to a project called "extreme hd"
Wht's that?
i think it could be considered as a multi disciplinar experience, where different competences are working together to reach (litteraly)great peaks!
there are 2 men, emilio previtali, who's an extreme snow rider, and kriss erickson, a photographer/operator specialized in extreme camcording, that are climbing on the shisha pangma mount, an himalayan peak (8027m), after get on the top they will surf on a 4kmtrs wall with an absurd inclination.. this is the experience. all the adventure is filmed in hd with 2 camcorders, xh a1 and hv20 canon machines, and this experience is documented on web site day by day....
take a look at it
http://www.extremehd.net
i think it's a super work, and images are really spectacular
peace to all of you, and thanks for the attention
dfw_07

Return to posts index

DSE/Spot
Re: how high can a xh a1 reach?
on Oct 6, 2007 at 5:22:36 pm

I'v had the A1 as high as 16,000 feet before, which isn't as high as these guys are going. They cannot use any sort of HDD-based recording system due to altitude.
The A1 performs very well at high speeds/high altitudes.
Expect to see a lot more Xtreme footage from various sources.
As an example, all of Travis Pastrana's new "Thrillbillies" is HD, with HDV used for the parachute-less skydive that Travis did.

Douglas Spotted Eagle
VASST

Certified Sony Vegas Trainer
Aerial Camera/Instructor

Return to posts index

jepp labianca
Re: how high can a xh a1 reach?
on Feb 1, 2008 at 7:14:33 am

hi during tese weeks i took a look to reports from simone moro's expedition blog (that's the same; http://extremehd.net)
i found it really interesting.. and at all is amazing to know that these cameras are working in so hard and though coditions..
great hardwares i must admit!!!bye
jeppp

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]