FORUMS: list search recent posts

wireless mic for gl2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe5150
wireless mic for gl2
on Sep 28, 2007 at 2:39:37 pm

greetings all... I have recently acquired a canon gl2...
so my question now is, what is a good wireless system to use with it?? I am alittle tight on budget, so nothing overly expensive, but of course, need something reliable and dependable... any help is greatly appreciated..
tia.

Return to posts index

Frank Tucker
Re: wireless mic for gl2
on Sep 28, 2007 at 7:03:36 pm

You can always pay more but a good mid-range mic for the money is the Azden UHF series

Return to posts index

Ryan Santos
on Sep 29, 2007 at 10:26:36 pm

What is the difference between UHF and VHF? I noticed that the UHFs are more expensive. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Frank Tucker
on Sep 30, 2007 at 12:42:41 am

UHF is a higher frequency range than VHF and appears to be less susseptable to interferance typically found in the VHF frequency range for these types of devices. I believe that the UHF mics are usually longer range for a given output (transmit power). Also they come with more selectable frequencies (usually) to allow you to select a range that has the least amount of interferance for the envirionment you are recording in. Most professional mics are in the UHF ranges for this reason.

Copter Doc
The spin starts here (;->)

Return to posts index

Ryan Santos
on Sep 30, 2007 at 10:02:54 am

Thanks Frank. Someone is selling me a used Samson UHF 32 (transmitter and receiver). I hear some sort of crackles. I think it's due to the lapel mic's wire (though I'm really not sure. It's just a guess). According to the seller, it's about 3 years old. Is it worth buying (I'm thinking of replacing everything that has wire, like the mic) or should I instead buy a brand new semi pro VHF like the Azden WLX pro? I need this wireless mic for my Canon XL1. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Frank Tucker
on Sep 30, 2007 at 4:12:05 pm

I'm not familiar with the Samson mics. The crackling could be just a wire or possibly the connector in the transmitter or recierver unit. I have the Azden 200ULT dual transmitter unit that allowes me to use two mics with one reciever on the camera. Each mic on a different channel. It works well for me at this price range, Azden also makes the Azden 100LT (same hardware, single transmitter) Videoguys has the 100LT on sale for $349.95 it's new and comes with a warranty if that's a concern. The unit I have, Azden 200ULT dual transmitter unit, is on sale for 599.00.

http://www.videoguys.com/uhf63mic.html

These units are "entry level pro". The more expensive pro units run about $1500.00 or more for single transmitter units.

Copter Doc
The spin starts here (;->)

Return to posts index

Ryan Santos
on Oct 1, 2007 at 9:26:53 pm

Thanks Frank.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]