FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon GL2 versus XH-A1 picture quality

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Nisson
Canon GL2 versus XH-A1 picture quality
on Sep 9, 2007 at 2:10:15 am

Has anyone done a comparison between the Canon GL2 and XH-A1 for producing SD footage?

Return to posts index

Joe Cinquina
Re: Canon GL2 versus XH-A1 picture quality
on Sep 10, 2007 at 2:35:03 pm

I have not done a formal comparison, but I have concerns. I have both a GL2 and a XH-A1. I love my GL2 and it has ben a great perfomer, but I am moving in to the HDV world. The XH-A1 is awesom at HDV, but I shot some 4x3 SD footage for the first time yesterday and it didn't not look as sharp as the GL2. It might be me, but it looked pretty soft and the color was a lot different then what I was seeing in the viewfinder. This is after I whitebalanced.

Any other input would be great.

Best Regards,

Joe

Return to posts index

o0matt0o
on Sep 18, 2007 at 1:18:21 pm

I just posted asking almost the same question. In my experience of shooting with my A1 indoors and out, SD 16:9 footage looks much better than 4:3, but not quite as sharp as my XM2.

Return to posts index

Joel Nisson
on Sep 18, 2007 at 1:22:37 pm

Interesting. Can you comment on comparative color rendition between the two cameras?

Return to posts index

o0matt0o
on Sep 18, 2007 at 1:58:48 pm

I would say the only noticeable aspect would be the sharpness, it's just a little softer. I'm not sure if it is a setting that I haven't got right but personally I've been a little under whelmed by it's SD performance. 16:9 is definitely the way to go though, it's much better.

Return to posts index

Michael Stanley
Canon GL2 16:9 mode
on Feb 21, 2008 at 6:19:25 pm

Is there a big drop-off in quality when using the 16:9 mode with the gl2?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]