FORUMS: list search recent posts

"set time and date" message on XL1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Santos
"set time and date" message on XL1
on Aug 23, 2007 at 4:07:16 am

Someone's selling me what looks like a worn out XL1 at $1,500. I noticed that whenever I pull out and return the battery pack, I get a message that says "set time and date." What's wrong with that camera? Is it just an internal battery problem? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: "set time and date" message on XL1
on Aug 23, 2007 at 8:23:28 am

[Ryan Santos] " Is it just an internal battery problem?"

Yes. Change the memory battery. It's on the bottom somewhere, close to where the tripod plate goes. At least that's where it was on my XL1S. The XL2 has a different location.

- Don

Return to posts index

Ryan Santos
on Aug 23, 2007 at 11:37:14 am

Thanks! Also, when I look at the viewfinder, the picture looks somewhat dark and a little bit reddish. Transferring the tape to another camcorder to view the shots in it, the picture appears normal (in that other camcorder's viewfinder). Is the EVF broken, or I just missed doing some color adjustments? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 23, 2007 at 5:54:59 pm

I never kept my XL1S long enough to have things like the EVF go out of adjustment or start to die, Rayn, so I don't think I'm able to help you much with your question. If the footage looks good as shot but the EVF is showing it differently then I'd suspect it's on it's way south. You might try unplugging the EVF connection and then have another look. You could also find someone else that has an XL1 and try their EVF on your camera. If that one looks good then.......

You can also go to the Canon web site and download a .pdf version of the manual if the camera you're thinking of buying didn't come with one.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]