FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Problem?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Buhmann
Camera Problem?
on Aug 8, 2007 at 2:43:59 pm

I have a Canon XL1s that I got back in 2002 or 2003 that has served me well. Basically, I shoot legal video depositions with it and recently one client has been having an issue with my tapes (digital artifacting, broken sound, etc.) The strange thing is when I test those same tapes they play fine on my camera as well as my Sony DSR-11. He even went out and bought the same deck (DSR-11) to see if it was his gear and he still has problems. The other strange thing is none of my other clients are having problems.

So my tapes play fine for me and all my clients except this one who claims his other videographers tapes play fine. Is it possible that my camera is having issues and his gear is more sensitive or is it something he is doing on his end?

Return to posts index

BrianT
Re: Camera Problem?
on Aug 13, 2007 at 3:33:01 am

As a general rule of thumb, there is always some variance in the head alignment from camera to camera and deck to deck. High-end decks are able to adjust for this - slightly. I have issues between a XL1 and a GL1, where anything shot on either camera does not always play back well on other. You could try making a sub-master of your original tape from your XL1 to the DSR-11. One would think that the new sub-master recorded via the DSR-11 should play fine on your client's DSR-11.

The Visual Rabbi

Return to posts index

Marc Buhmann
Re: Camera Problem?
on Aug 13, 2007 at 2:04:09 pm

This sort of defeats the purpose since, as a gesture of good will, I am capturing the footage myself and converting them for his clients. Capturing only to send them back to DV isn't a viable option in this case. I just can't figure out why it is only his decks having the problems and not mine, my camera or two other cameras I've tested the tapes on... only his gear. Very weird.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]