FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help on wiring an Anton Bauer to a 4 pin XLR

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JOHN MARCH
Help on wiring an Anton Bauer to a 4 pin XLR
on Jul 28, 2007 at 1:57:44 am

I AM WIRING AN ANTON BAUER BATTERY PLATE TO A FOUR PIN XLR. I AM NOT SURE OF THE POLARITY ON THE PLATE, AND CANNOT FIND ANY DIAGRAMS OR PIN WIRING. HELP PLEASE

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: Help on wiring an Anton Bauer to a 4 pin XLR
on Jul 30, 2007 at 10:33:19 pm

Ok John...

First of all it is VERY important that you do this exactly right... if not (cross polarity), it can have very bad consequences.

Ok step one... the goldmount plate. Hold the plate so that you are looking at it with the two connector pins facing UP (and the three mounting holes in the place will make a "face," two holes at top for eyes, and one hole at bottom for mouth). If you are holding it like that, then the pin on the LEFT is NEGATIVE, and the pin on the RIGHT is POSITIVE.

The way that it is oriented on the picture below, the LOWER pin is NEGATIVE and the UPPER pin is positive...

You want to wire the AB plate so that the NEGATIVE of the goldmount connects to pin number ONE on your four-pin XLR connector (well, I said pin, but it's a hole, not a pin, you should be connecting to a female XLR connector). And connect the POSITIVE of the goldmount to pin number FOUR on the XLR. The other two pins on the XLR aren't connected to anything.

GOLDMOUNT with pins pointing up
LEFT is NEGATIVE
RIGHT is POSITIVE

XLR connection from goldmount
PIN 1 connects to goldmount NEGATIVE
PIN 2 is unconnected
PIN 3 is unconnected
PIN 4 connects to goldmount POSITIVE

Sorry for the repetition, just wanted to stress how important it is that this is not hooked up backwards.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]