FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a good price for XH-A1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Escobar
Need a good price for XH-A1
on Jul 12, 2007 at 5:03:04 pm

I'm looking for the Canon XH-A1 and want to know if anybody has a good dealer that will sell it pretty inexpensive. I've found dealers on the internet but I've heard horror stories about those dealers that are selling them for $1200. Are they real? Has anybody bought from them?

Thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: Need a good price for XH-A1
on Jul 12, 2007 at 7:38:17 pm

No, sadly they are not real. You'll find lots of ratings of those guys on the "consumer reports" type websites that give them the lowest possible ratings. Chiefly what those kinds of sellers will do is strongarm you and upsell you something much more expensive... or take your order but you will find that the item is pretty much permanently "on backorder" and you will never ever get it... because they never intended to sell it to anyone at that price in the first place. It was merely the "bait" in their bait-and-switch game.

Sorry, wish they were real. Chiefly, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I've bought probably a few hundred thousand dollars worth of gear over the last decade... always from a reputible seller like B&H Photo or their colleages. Not always the very best price, but you know who you are dealing with, great service and return policies, no runaround.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Steven Escobar
on Jul 12, 2007 at 8:24:29 pm

yeah, I've bought from bhphotovideo for years and have been always satisfied. I was just hoping to find something a little less expensive than their price.

Thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

Videomac
on Jul 17, 2007 at 9:12:59 pm

I shoped around and ended buying from B&H for 3799 including the Petrol Back, raincoat, the Elipz battery and charger and the $250 rebate, I think I got a good price

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Aug 1, 2007 at 2:45:41 pm

Those $1200 prices are for the body only. I got my complete A1 kit at BuyDig.com for $3400.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]