FORUMS: list search recent posts

gl-2 worth fixing? can I sell it for parts/repair? advice...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
mattdawgpro
gl-2 worth fixing? can I sell it for parts/repair? advice...
on Jun 29, 2007 at 4:13:07 pm

HI everyone,
First of all thanks for your time. I have a GL-2 that is about 3 years old. I haven't used it in about 6 months and would like to sell it. Here's my problem... the zoom has ceased to work. It started out simply zooming uncontrollably, either I would start a zoom and it would keep going after I released the trigger, or it would start zooming for no reason. Now it doesn't zoom whatsoever whether using the rocker or the handle zoom. I've gotten various quotes ranging from $200-$400 to fix it, they say it's a bad zoom motor. If I could find some literature about how to fix this problem myself I would go ahead and do it, but it seams like there isn't anything out there as far as I can tell. Everything else on the camera works perfectly fine. So my question is should I fork up the cash and get it fixed, then sell it (looks like people are getting about a grand on ebay for used ones, which would be about $600-800 profit) or can I sell it for parts/repair in that $600-800 range? Would anybody actually pay this much or would I just be wasting my time? Also if anyone knows of an article on the web that shows how to replace the motor yourself I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Matt

Return to posts index

Evil Ash Editor
Re: gl-2 worth fixing? can I sell it for parts/repair? advice...
on Jul 3, 2007 at 12:00:10 am

Just my opinion, since I recently purchased a used GL2. I wouldn't want to pay $600 to $800 for a camera that requires between $200 to $400 to repair after the fact, even thought I paid more than that combined cost for my working model. I think you'd do better repairing it yourself, and then selling it after the fact. It would make it a more attractive offer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]