FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weddings and XL2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sheldonhull
Weddings and XL2
on Jun 21, 2007 at 8:27:38 pm

I am wanting to start doing some weddings, low key right now till it builds up, and also other creative projects such as demo reel productions for friends, etc. I haven't got to try out the PD170 or Xl2, and right now, with my budget I am waiting to rent for a upcoming wedding I'm doing from free for a friend to start off. I want to use the xl2 and try it but I also don't want to cheapskate my friend and have worse low light quality.

From your opinion, can the xl2 suffice as a good wedding camera? I don't want just a larger handicam and want to break into the professional audio and frame rates the xl2 has, but I want to know if thinking it will work well for a wedding is just dreaming.

I see many people on the web who use the xl2 and do weddings, so I'd like to know what you think. I've done hours of research on the web, but I'd rather ask it now, relevant, and from people I trust.

Sheldon Hull

Return to posts index

titan3ium
Re: Weddings and XL2
on Jun 23, 2007 at 12:09:53 pm

As a matter of fact, I am shooting a wedding today with the XL2. But for my weddings, I will only do dual camera. It just makes the product that much better, plus helps to cover any boo boo's. I just bought the XL2 about 2 months ago and I am very happy with it. Your concern for lighting is true though. But it is true with just about every camera. Camera's need light. What I do is when I get all the information from the client. I call the reception hall and ask to stop by so I can meet with them. I bring the camera and tape thier lighting to get an idea quick and ask them if we could have it up more or less or if it's fine. I also stay at the reception for only three hours because people like the light low and plus you can only tape so much dancing.

Hope it helps,
Chuck

Return to posts index

Richard Finlay
Re: Weddings and XL2
on Jul 4, 2007 at 10:40:46 am

I'm a full-time wedding videographer and wouldn't use a different camera than the XL2 right now. Even HD isn't 'there' yet and is more trouble than it's worth. HD is just a buzz word right now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]