FORUMS: list search recent posts

camcorder for animation

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
visualizer
camcorder for animation
on Jun 11, 2007 at 5:28:47 pm

Hi,
Can you recommend a camera I can use for an animation stand. I need a camera to capture a series of still frames and one where I can also control the exposure. The current camera is auto-exposure and I get too much texture of the paper, I want to be able to overexpose a bit to just capture the blackest line from the drawing. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: camcorder for animation
on Jun 12, 2007 at 5:19:59 am

Ummmm... well, firstly, I wouldn't use a camcorder, I would use a digital still camera to capture stills and import them as a sequence. With cameras that have pure manual modes (which should be all but the cheapest ones) you'll be able to control everything. Get higher res pictures than a camcorder too, allowing for cropping and zooming of your still sequence, if you wish.

Still cameras are often used to capture image sequences for later cine use... from time-lapse photography to SFX "bullet time" rigs to feature films ("Corpse Bride," etc.).

I couldn't recommend a camera though, not really sure what is out there these days. I would ask in the Digital Photography COW forum.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

visualizer
Re: camcorder for animation
on Jun 12, 2007 at 3:17:03 pm

Thanks, will do
v

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]