FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hello! A1 question

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Poisson
Hello! A1 question
on May 31, 2007 at 2:52:15 pm

Just got an A1 yesterday, so thought I'd say hi, already I have a couple questions but to be fair, will try and solve through the manual first.

But, I do have a creative question, I am on the brink of getting a nice documentary job which should take a year or more, already went over to Long Beach for the first shoot, used a rented Z1U and shot an hour of aerials and about half hour of property footage at 1080i. Unfortunately, it was a very cloudy day, so this footage may be re-shot, or at the very least, treated in some way to improve it.

My question is, 24F or 29.97? I don't know enough about this camera to make a decision, but now is the time to make it, I can deal with the little footage we have now in Final Cut, can conform in Cinema Tools if necessary. But my question is subjective, more than practicle, about looks with this camera and my options.

I've been shooting with a DVX 100 for about 5 years, and I have come to be fond of it's 24pA and the workflow with it, the look is great. What advice can anyone share? See more detail below.

This will chronical the building of a resort, mostly outdoor footage of construction etc. plus interviews with the principal folks involved. Mostly for use on the Web and in DVDs, but the client wants to persue half hour shows along the way and perhaps a one-hour show at the end, so broadcast is a possibility. So consider please the decision on how my choice of frame rate might impact these uses.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]