FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid to Optura 50 - 32K audio instead of 48K?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharoney
Avid to Optura 50 - 32K audio instead of 48K?
on May 26, 2007 at 3:53:51 pm

I used Avid Xpress Pro to do a digital cut out to my Optura 50. The tape checked out just fine when I hooked it up to my TV. Later, someone watched it in another camera and told me only 80% of the audio was there.

So, I did another digital cut, and watched to make sure there was sound on the entire fifteen minutes, which there was. And, it checked out for the screener this time, too (although I don't know if they watched the whole thing).

Unfortunately, this was for my graduation screening, and at the theater, there was no sound at all. They tried it in another camcorder (Panasonic HVX200) and they saw an audio signal. There was sound initially, and then it went to a very crackly, barely tolerable, sound for the rest of the movie. It was kind of a like a bad cell phone conversation but where audio just dropped out very briefly but frequently.

Afterwards I was told that it had been recorded in 32K instead of 48K. But, 1) everything in my timeline was verified 48K and 2) my canon was set for 16 bit/48Khz.

Anyone have any idea what happened here? I'm sending my applications to film festivals with June deadlines and need to get a clean tape made.

Thanks for any help - this is so confounding.
Sharon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]