FORUMS: list search recent posts

SPLITTING THE AUDIO ON THE CANNON XL2?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer
SPLITTING THE AUDIO ON THE CANNON XL2?
on May 23, 2007 at 12:54:08 pm

Hi, I just looked through the posts to maybe find the answer to this, and wasn't able to:

I have the Cannon XL2, and I am hooking up a wireless lav mic to the rear XLR connectors. I'd like to record the lav mic on one audio channel, and the camera mic on the other - But for some reason, I seem to only be able to do one or the other (either the camera mic, or the lav mic, but not both at the same time, going to different channels). Am I missing something obvious? We've tried several combinations of audio settings (mixing to 1/2, etc etc), but with no luck..

I apologize in advance if this is a relatively straight-forward procedure, but could someone outline exactly what combination of settings, etc I need to put the lav on one channel, and the camera mic on the other? I would GREATLY appreciate any help or feedback any of you have!!

Sincerely,
Jennifer :)

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
Re: SPLITTING THE AUDIO ON THE CANNON XL2?
on May 24, 2007 at 2:08:01 pm

to do this is you need to hook up the onboard mic to the second XLR input. You will need a female mini to male XLR for the audio and a micro mini extension for the power.

Return to posts index

Jennifer
Re: SPLITTING THE AUDIO ON THE CANNON XL2?
on May 29, 2007 at 2:44:08 pm

Ahhh, okay. Thank for the info, Peter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]